Thursday, February 26, 2009

Twins update - Thursday night Feb 22nd.

We had a Dr appt tonight and they took a amnio to make sure Ethan and Emma are ready for their big debut. To our suprise they wil have the results by tomorrow (Fri the 27th) morning. It appears right now that Nanc will be having a c-section on Friday if all goes as planned. At last weeks appointment they were 4 lbs 11 ounces and 5 lbs 2 ounces. Ethan was the larger as usual.

I cannot wait to get them in my arms. It has been over 5 years of constant attempts to get to this day. I am not a patient person with suprises to start with and the last few weeks have been especially tough as the date gets so close. Yet I am incredibly thankful that the pregnancy has gone well so far and they have waited so long to have time to grow. We are very hopeful they will be large enough to be allowed to stay in the room with us after birth rather than having to go to the NICU. It looks like we may get that wish.

Nanc is still doing well, but of course it is getting harder and harder for her to sleep. It takes a monumental effort for her to switch from laying on her right side to laying on her left side at night. They are a lot of ballast to flip over. I try to remind her it's like carrying a 10 + pound singleton. She has worked from home this week to try to keep her blood pressure down and get more rest. The train trip was killing her. It used to be her rest time, but she could not get comfortable over the past few months.



I am starting my FMLA leave for 6 weeks as of this coming Sunday.Nancy and the twins at 32 weeks - 3-2

It is really great to be able to take the 6 weeks off to bond with Ethan and Emma and to help Nanc with all the tasks. I am lucky I work for a great company (Old Navy).

Will post more once I know what time we are scheduled for the delivery.
-John




No comments:

Post a Comment