Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ethan and Emma are gaining back their weight

Good news, after losing 5 lbs each both have gained weight over the past 2 days. Since Tuesdays weigh in at the pediatrician Emma has gained 2 ounces and Ethan has gained 4 ounces. This means Emma still needs to gain 3 ounces to get back to her birth weight and Ethan needs to gain only 1 ounce to regain his.


We were relieved they are back on track. Emma was starving tonight, and ate so fast she started howling and 15 seconds later gave me back a large portion of what she had gobbled. All down my arm, into my leather watchband and down my leg, and I was only upset because she did not keep it down after I was so excited how she was eating. Earlier I had her on the bed and was changing her poopy diaper when I reached for a wipe I heard a noise and she was squirting out poopies several inches out straight a my face, luckily I was out of range. I laughed my butt off. Then twice today Ethan did the little boy pee as I am changed. Nothing like a diaper and outfit lasting 60 secongs. Who would have thought I would not care about being "annointed" repeatedly all day. They fill us with such love we don't care.


Nanc is having some discomfort with the incision and now has to start feeding more like 2 hours than every 3 since the babies are really starting to nurse and want to be fed more often than the 3 hours feedings with formula. As usual she is super-woman and never complains. We go to her Dr. for week after delivery check-up tomorrow.


Got to go, it's only 15 minutes till the midnight feeding.



No comments:

Post a Comment