Monday, March 23, 2009

Ethan's no longer tongue tied

IMG_0598


I guess gettng his frenulum cut wasn't too bad, since he is sleeping like a angel upon returning home. Frenulum is the medical term for the small translucent piece of skin that runs vertically under the tongue, When it attaches too far along the tongue it can cause issues, We made the decision to get it cut so that he could nurse better and not have speech problems when he starts talking. Since we did it so young all it did was bleed a few drops of blood. :Last week at the consultation the Dr. had stated that I could be in the room, but someone from his office would have to hold Ethan during the procedure. Today when he saw how relaxed Ethan was in my arms he let me hold him and pull his front lip down for the procedure. I was happy that I got to do it other than someone that he did not know. He was a trooper and only cried a few little cries and his tongue was much more mobile immediately. He can now stick it out his mouth like his sister.


It was a crazy morning though, as at 5:30 when I got up to feed the twins I heard a weird noise like water going through pipes and went to basement to find out that the hose to refrigerator icemaker had split and was spraying all over haalf the basement. So I had to clean that up before the Dr appt at 8:40. Soaked the sleeper sofa and a bunch of other stuff. At least I knew how to shut it off and we were able to make appt. on time. Everything is drying out as I type.



No comments:

Post a Comment